History | Development Process
| Active and Contributing Members
The LHTF was organized in the fall of 1998 by faculty,
staff and students from Childrens
Hospital, the Massachusetts College
of Pharmacy and Health Sciences and the Dana
Farber Cancer Institute to learn more about and teach other clinicians
about herbs and dietary supplements.
Because oncology patients appeared to be the most frequent users of herbs/dietary
supplements, the group began with systematic reviews of the six most common
supplements used by oncology patients. Work rapidly expanded to include
approximately 85 herbs and dietary supplements.
The compilation process includes:
- Searches of seven (7) databases (MEDLINE, Embase, Biosis, International
Pharmacy Abstracts, Napralert, Micromedex and AltHealth Watch).
- Review of over 30 different books on herbal medicines, focusing primarily
on those that cite original research.
- Writing a monograph using a standardized process review of the monograph
by all members of the Task Force.
- Monograph revision.
- Final review by Dr. Kemper (Chair of the LHTF).
- Composing a summary for clinicians (Clinician Information Summaries).
- Composing a summary for patients (Patient Fact Sheets).
Active and Contributing Members
- Kathi J. Kemper, MD, MPH; Chair of Task Force
- Paula Gardiner, MD
- Judy Shabert, MD, MPH, RD
- Alan Woolf, MD, MPH
- Lana Dvorkin, PharmD.
- June Riedlinger, PharmD.
Nurse Practitioners & Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Larraine Bossi, RN, MS
- Jane Murphy, RN, MS, CPNP
- Andey Amata-Kynvi, RN, BSN
- Mary McLellan, RN, BSN
Graduate and Professional Students
- Victoria Chiou
- Candyce Collins, PharmD
- Catherine Chu
- Sara Goldhaber-Fiebert
- Nikki Gordon
- Anjali Kaimal
- Margaret Loeper, MS
- Sachita Shah
- Lisa Amata-Kynvi
- Emily Cook
of Herbal Medicine | Herbs | Dietary
Supplements | Vitamins & Minerals
Pediatric Conditions | In-depth
Monographs | Clinician Information Summaries
Patient Fact Sheets | Articles
by LHTF Members
Interactions & Toxicity Information
| Resources & Links
| About the LHTF | How to Support the LHTF |
Last Updated: June 24, 2003
Copyright © LHTF 2003 Disclaimer